Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Every Human Being is Precious to God

Several years ago, I sat in on an Old Testament class at Denver Seminary while visiting a good friend of mine. I was impressed by the professor and his explanation of the book of Jonah. Almost four years later, I connected with the same professor, Daniel Carroll, at a CCDA conference (Christian Community Development Association) in October. He happened to be leading one of the topic seminars on immigration and he did not disappoint with his presentation and knowledge of scripture. Both his seminar and several thematic elements of the conference reminded me of the most simple truth, "Every human being is precious to God."

I am guilty of forgetting this is true, especially when it is convenient to believer someone doesn't deserve my time, compassion, or forgiveness. Have you ever struggled with this? I bet you have because it is part of the prideful temptation we all face. Thank God for His mercy to us!

Let me get back to Daniel Carroll, the professor from Denver Seminary. I came back and mentioned to Jarrett Meek how his explanations of Biblical passages were moving and very clear and I recommended Jarrett take a look. Jarrett, too, was impressed and began to recruit Daniel to come give a seminar to our Kansas City Mission Adelante community of volunteers and friends. Praise God that things worked out just perfectly and we will be welcoming Daniel Carroll here for a workshop on July 24th. I would love to have you come hear him.

No comments: