Monday, January 25, 2010

Because He cares to answer

I started January by planning to add another ESL class in the morning. I knew this would be a challenge, but I didn't expect to have the same challenge on Thursday nights. Before I knew it, I was worried whether we would have the volunteer resources to pull it off. I prayed, the staff prayed, and others prayed. Less than one day after praying with volunteers at a recent meeting, I talked to two people who could volunteer for the morning class. I could hardly believe it! Thank you, Lord. God also continues to connect me with former volunteers who are interested in helping out of Thursdays. If only I would ask more often...instead of relying fully on my ability to recruit people.

This reminded me just how important our volunteers are for the outreach ministry. A God sized miracle happens every trimester when new faces and old come to help with ESL or Kid's Adelante. I really can't believe that we have 40-50 ongoing volunteers here on a weekly basis. I cannot take this for granted because this is unheard of in many settings. Thanks be to God for a heavenly common cause. Philippians 2:1-2 says, "If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose."

No comments: