Monday, May 10, 2010

Wanted: Advocates!

I spent this past week advocating for people in four different situations. Advocacy has to be some of the hardest work in the world because it requires spending time on the phone tracking down people, listening to their stories and pleas, and trying to make yourself available at all times for their need. Let me say I love helping people, but sometimes you fail to realize what you are taking on. This was definitely the case! I don't think I have ever had four situations like this evolve all in one week, and it was honestly very hard to juggle. Somehow, I was thrust into the shoes of those I advocated for purely by being subjected to their same difficulties looking for help.

"Who is the person I need to talk to?" seems to be the number one question. As I sit back, I rejoice in the fact that we have an advocate who sits at the right side of the Father. He listens patiently, cries with us, and wants to help us in our hour of need. Best of all, our prayers to God go directly to the Ultimate Authority of heaven and earth.

I have advocated for these four families, but I have also led them in prayer asking God to exert his authority and justice for their cause. I may be exhausted, but He remains strong and able to restore each of us.

No comments: