Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A glimpse into heaven

This past Saturday I baptized Julie, one of our Latino volunteers, in her neighbor's pool.  She invited her immediate family, some African ladies she has served and grown to love, and a few Latino immigrants from Mission Adelante.  I was excited to asked to baptize her, but I found myself in awe of how God would give us a glimpse of heaven.  

When we arrived at the pool Julie told me Ayak, a Christian woman from Sudan, wanted to sing a traditional song that is sung in her country at baptisms.  With hesitation and with great love, Ayak sang and we clapped along.  Wow!  We were experiencing worship in a different tongue.  Julie and her sister shared their testimonies and why they wanted to proclaim Christ with baptism.  So beautiful to hear!  And I baptized them as Gaby, a Latino girl that Julie helped in Kid's Adelante, watched and saw a model of dedication.  I finished by praying for us all to persevere in our faith and then we fellowshiped together.  Where else but heaven will we hear praises in many tongues, testimonies of God's goodness, and all tribes fellowshiping and worshiping together.  What a joy to have a taste in the hear and now...

No comments: